Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Krave Minerale: Oil Eliminator & Skin Hydrator (Review)


Krave Minerale Oil Eliminator and Skin Hydrator
Price: 285 Php

I got this product more than a month ago, and put it to use right away. My skin type is oily/combination, and I'm really oily on my T-zone. I'm always up to try a product that has "Oil Eliminator"/Anti-Shine in its name.

What is it?

According to their site:
OIL ELIMINATOR and SKIN HYDRATOR is translucent so it won't interfere with other mineral makeup colors you are wearing. Plus, it is specifically formulated to virtually erase the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles & large pores when applied.
  • 100% VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE
  • HYPOALLERGENIC
  • NON- COMEDOGENIC (won't clog pores)
  • NON-ACNEGENIC (won't cause acne break outs)
  • NANO PARTICLE FREE
View more information about this product here.

How do I use it?


This product claims to be a primer and finishing powder in one. I never tried it out as a primer, but I use it as a finishing powder.

After putting on my makeup, I set it with this powder. It may leave your face a little whiter, and you really have to blend it properly. It comes with a puff, but if you want it to blend with your natural color, you have to use a fluffy powder brush. I use it on my T-zone, and tried using it on my lids to set my eye makeup. It really does prolong the freshness of your face, but only for 1-2 hours. Maybe the time differs per person, but since my T-zone is REALLY oily, it just prevents oil for 1-2 hours for me.

As for trying it on the lids, over the eye makeup, it prolongs the wear of my eyeshadow without any other eye primer. However, the thing that I don't like about using this over eyeshadow is that it alters the color a little bit and I can't really blend it that well, since the blending would also affect the eyeshadow.

For the packaging, I already mentioned that it came with a small puff that I don't use. I don't really like the whole packaging, since I find it difficult to open when I shut it completely. So what I do is I don't close it all the way. I leave some space so that I could easily open it without using my nails to pry it open. Also, since the powder is really fine, it easily flies all over when you open it. I knew this in advance, so I didn't peel the sticker off completely to reveal all the holes that the product comes out of. I only use less than half the amount of holes, but mine still manages to be messy. I keep the puff in the container to stop the product from flying all over when I open it.

Over all, I think this is an okay product. It does the job for me, but only for a few hours. I would repurchase, if I still don't find a holy grail oil eliminator. For now, I will keep using this until I run out of it. It's a good product, especially for the price. You also don't have to use a lot, and only use it on the parts where you get really oily.

Click here to purchase this product, or any other Krave Minerale products.

Hope this helped some of you out.

Love,
Thea


I'm not paid to do this review, nor am I affiliated with Krave Minerale.

No comments:

Post a Comment