Friday, April 27, 2012

Benefit's Cabana Glama (Swatches & Review)

Cabana Glama is my first purchase from Benefit! Yay! I have been eyeing Benefit products for quite some time now. Their packaging is really adorable, and a lot of people rave about them! I wanted to try a lot of their products, but being a student on a long vacation, I can't afford it yet. Sets like this one are what people, who want to try different products from a brand, should look out for.
Benefit Paper bag

Even their paper bag is adorable!

Here's the Cabana Glama:


Benefit's Cabana Glama

This product, along with the MAC Summer Haze I posted before this, was included in my latest makeup haul. Click here to view.

Products in the Cabana Glama set:


Some Kind-A Gorgeous in Medium

They call it their foundation faker. It's a creamy product that leaves a powdery finish. My first impression of this product, is that it didn't smell good. I really hated the smell of this product. Blech. Also, I feel like this product isn't for people with dry skin. I have oily/combination skin, and it highlights the dry parts of my face. It did give enough coverage. I think this would be perfect for the no-makeup-makeup look. However, I can't really stand the smell. I read reviews, and only a few mentioned the smell. Did we get bad ones, or something? 

Aside from Some Kind-A Gorgeous, I loved every product in the Cabana Glama set. 

Benefit Hoola Bronzer

Hoola Bronzer, is one product that is raved about by makeup lovers! Almost all of the YouTube gurus I watch has this, so I really wanted to try it out. The price of a full-sized Hoola Bronzer is 1,600 or 1,800 here in the Philippines, which is almost the cost of this set. What I like about this product is that even if it's powder, it's really creamy. Also, a little goes a long way, and you will see in the swatches that I got a lot of it. Haha!

Peach Fizz, Bronze Buzz, and Cocoa Pizzazz

Three different colors of eyeshadows were also included in the kit. They were really pigmented. When I was trying to swatch it, I rubbed my finger tips multiple times, because it didn't feel like I was getting enough product on, but when I looked at my fingers I already got a lot.

Benefit's PosieTint (sorry for the glare)

Another product that people rave about, the PosieTint! Out of the products in this kit, this was the first I got to use. I love how the color appeared on my lips. It was as if the pink was my natural lip color. However, this could get a little drying, and I advise putting a clear lip balm over it. This is also a teeny tiny product, and I feel like I could only use it once.

Now for the swatches:

(L-R): Peach Fizz, Bronze Buzz, Cocoa Pizzazz, 
Hoola Bronzer, Some Kind-A Gorgeous Medium, and PosieTint

Cocoa Pizzazz, Bronze Buzz, and Peach Fizz

See what I told you about the pigmentation?

Peach Fizz, Bronze Buzz, and Cocoa Pizzazz up close

Hoola Bronzer, Some Kind-A Gorgeous Medium, and PosieTint

Look at the Hoola Bronzer swatch! Haha! I piled it on since it's difficult to see on my tan skin.

I also created a look using all of the products here. I'm going to post it soon. I think Cabana Glama is worth the purchase, if you're like me, who's a Benefit newbie. You get to try a lot of products for the price of a full-sized one. Also, you can create the perfect summer look with this kit!

Would you give it a try?

That's it for Cabana Glama! Hope you liked this entry! You can click here, to see a look using these products. 

Love,
Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment