Thursday, March 15, 2012

Watsons Drugstore Mini Haul

Written November 15, 2011

Sorry for the low quality photos. I only use my phone to take pictures. It’s now more convenient because of iCloud. :P
Anyway, I’m all for being frugal and practical. I’m not saying I don’t buy high-end brands. I do, sometimes. But I love drugstore brands like Maybelline, L’oreal, and Covergirl. Sometimes, I also use local brands like Fashion 21, Nichido, and Ellana.
These are the things I bought.

St. Ives Apricot Scrub – I used this before, but for some reason I stopped. I don’t intend to use this daily, but since Louise gave a good review of a similar product in her blog, I decided to try it again. 


VMV Hypoallergenics Superskin 2 Toner – I just finished a bottle of their Fine Finish Pore Minimiser Toner. It was okay but I don’t think it’s suitable for my skin type. So I’m trying this one out, instead. It’s specially for my skin type, combination, which actually means that my skin is part super oily and part super dry. It sucks, really. 


Nichido Liquid Eyeliner – I bought this because I THOUGHT that this is what my sister uses. I borrowed hers a couple of times, and I really liked it. Turns out hers was In2it (?) Anyway, the big difference between the two is the applicator. The one that my sister uses is easier to apply. :( But I think it’s still good. I’m not really a liquid liner user, but I tried it out a while ago, and I think I applied it better than other newbies would. 

Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Mauvey - I wanted to try this out, but before using this, I got hold of Revlon's Matte Lipstick in Mauve It Over, and since it's the same shade as this one, I gave this one out.


CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume - I needed a new washable mascara since I just finished my Estee Lauder Double Wear mascara. I usually have two mascaras on hand. One’s washable, and the other’s waterproof. I use the washable one more, because even with makeup remover, I really find Maybelline’s waterproof Hello Kitty mascara, very hard to remove. Sometimes I think that I’ve removed it all with the makeup remover, but after a shower, I look like a raccoon. :( Anyway, this CoverGirl one was highly recommended by friends, and by many makeup gurus. ;) 


Ellana Minerals Makeup Primer - I’ve never used a makeup primer before. I really wanted a Laura Mercier one but I don’t know where to get it.  Ellana is a local brand. It’s not my first time to buy something from Ellana. I already have 2 of their multipurpose powders which I use as eye makeup. I haven’t tried this one yet. If I really love it, I’ll make a review. 


Ellana Eye Primer and Multipurpose Powder in Dream - Again, my first eye primer! And the other one is my third multipurpose powder. I love how their powders are very pigmented. I guess the only problem is that sometimes it accumulates in the crease of your eyelids. I think that’s what the primer is for, though. I don’t know, we’ll see! Haha! :lol:
Anyway, if you’re interested in Ellana makeup, click here. What I really recommend are their brushes! Really soft!
By the way, I got all of these from SM Makati. :)

Hope you enjoyed this!
Love,
Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment