Thursday, March 15, 2012

Estee Lauder: The Color Stylist (Swatches & Review)

Written December 16, 2011


So here it is! After a lot of swatching, I bring you my mini-review for Estee Lauder’s The Color Stylist.
Here’s a mini, mini, review for the brushes: I don’t like them :( . They’re scratchy! Even the brush that comes with the All Over Face Compact is scratchy.
I really hope this helps some people, because I really took time to swatch each and every color. I did this because, as I mentioned in my previous blog, I noticed a lot of Google searches redirecting to my blog. I don’t really want you to be disappointed when you see my blog, and realize there’s not a single review about The Color Stylist.
I’m going to start with the last thing I remembered to swatch, the Artist’s Eye Pencils!
Estee Lauder Artist’s Eye Pencil Swatches
(L: Softsmudge Brown & R: Softsmudge Black) 

It’s the lamest of all the swatches, so I wanted it to go first :P I’m loving the Brown one! I’m using it for day time, and I love, love, it!
 Deluxe All-Over Face Compact
Top: Bronze Goddess ( Soft Matte Bronzer), Pink Kiss (Silky Powder Blush)
Bottom: Radiant Peach (Silky Powder Blush), Nude Rose (Silky Powder Blush) 
Estee Lauder Deluxe All-Over Face Compact Swatches 

(L-R: Nude Rose, Radiant Peach, Pink Kiss, Bronze Goddess)

They’re kind of sheer, and hard to swatch, so I took one with and without flash. My favorite out of the blushes, is the Nude Rose. Sorry if the bronzer doesn’t come out well in the photos. It’s a SOFT matte bronzer, after all. And! I’m tan. :) The second from the left, which is the Radiant Peach, is very pigmented. 

Estee Lauder Deluxe EyeShadow Compact 



Estee Lauder Deluxe EyeShadow Compact Swatches 

L-R: Summer Linen, Amazing Grey, Amethyst Spark, Flirty Lilac, Pink Flash, Purple Passion
(Top row of the palette) 

L-R: Nude Fresco, Tranquil Moon, Peacock Blue, Smoky Ember, Berry Burst, Tempting Mocha
(Middle row of the palette) 

L-R: Ivy Envy, Chocolate Bliss, Ivory Slipper, Sandbar Beige, Hot Cinnamon, Rivera Rose 

I swiped all these twice, since some colors are not that pigmented. My favorites so far are: Amethyst Spark, Smoky Ember, Berry Burst, Sandbar Beige, and Hot Cinnamon. Except for Sandbar Beige, which is a matte color, all of my favorites are shimmer colors. I love them because I use them for smoky eye looks. :) The Peacock Blue one is a letdown for a pretty name. It’s very sheer. 

Estee Lauder Pure Color Glosses 



Estee Lauder Pure Color Glosses Swatches 

L: Orchid Passion, R: Electric Ginger 

I haven’t tried any of these yet. I’m still loving my L’Oreal 6H Glam Shine. I just swatched them out for you, and I am loving that Orchid Passion color! 

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipsticks 

L-R: Exotic Orchid, Candy, Barely Nude 

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipsticks When Worn 

Exotic Orchid Shimmer 

Candy Shimmer 

Barely Nude Creme 

Sorry if the last one’s out of place. I took it at a different time and place, thus, different lighting. The first two were taken today, with my white lamp, as lighting. The last one was taken a day before, with natural lighting in the afternoon. I love all three! Sorry for the sloppy application, and my dry skin due to the weather.
Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipsticks Swatches
L-R: Exotic Orchid, Candy, Barely Nude 


No complaints! I love the smell. It doesn’t dry my lips, and it lasts long. Not all day, but long enough.
For those who are curious, here’s a size comparison between a normal Estee Lauder Lipstick.
L: All-Day Lipstick in Spiced Cider, R: Pure Color Exotic Orchid 
Just a size comparison! :)
Forgive me if the swatches aren’t that good. It’s my first try! I didn’t buy any of these. They were given to me by my aunt. She bought it in America, so I don’t really know if it’s available in the Philippines, or in any other country.
This concludes my mini-review. Hope you liked it! :)



Love,
Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment