Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ellana Primers (Review)

Written January 10, 2012



I really felt like I needed to blog, since I don’t have an excuse for not blogging. I don’t think there’s anything worth blogging, really.
However, I remember that I told you guys that I’m going to review the Ellana primers, so here goes.
In one of my hauls, I showed  two Ellana primers that I bought. One is for the whole face, while the other one is an eye primer. I also mentioned somewhere that these two are my first primers ever. I have never used primers before.
Click here, to view the mentioned haul
Ellana Make It Last Makeup Primer 
As you might have already read, I love this primer. This is actually featured in my December Faves post.
What it says on the bottle:
  • Will make your makeup last longer
  • Smoothens your skin for easier application
  • Oil-free
  • Mattifies
  • Smoothens fine lines
  • Has Allantoin and Vitamin E
  • Fragrance-free
  • Paraben-free
  • Mineral oil-free
Well, that pretty much says it all! Haha! It really does smoothen your skin, and makes blending your foundation, easier. It may come out oily as you apply it, but being a combination skin type (part very oily, part dry), it does not make my skin oilier than it already is. Although it mattifies, it doesn’t mean that you will be oil-free the rest of the day. I guess it was still my normal oiliness, but it took longer for the oil to form. My skin’s really sensitive, and so far (more than a month), I haven’t had any negative reactions to this product, or any Ellana product that I own. This is 400 Php for 30 ml, which is about 9 USD. I think it is worth the price, especially since one pump can cover the whole face! :)
Now for the Ellana eye primer.
Ellana Eye Primer 
When I bought this, I really expected a lot. I thought it would be really creamy, but it’s in between creamy and powdery. It’s even more of a powdery consistency, than cream.
What it says on the container:
  • Shine-free
  • Matte finish
  • Makes eyeshadow more intense
  • Prevents creases on eyelids
It is shine-free and matte. It does make the eyeshadow more intense. However, I felt that it didn’t really help the shadow last longer. Although, it really doesn’t say that it would do that. I guess I just assumed, since primers were supposed to do that.
Left: no primer, Right: with primer 

See how it really did brighten the eyeshadow? It is good with that!
However, I don’t really like this primer, and I think it’s just not for me. Maybe I’ll try the ELF one.. ;)
If you are interested in Ellana products, this is the link to the Ellana website! They’re available at SM Makati during weekends only. That’s where I buy them, but I heard they also have a stall in SM Megamall.
 I really hope this helped some of you!
Love,
Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment